3D Printing and Design
Using Autodesk Fusion 360 to do basic computer-aided design (CAD) which is used for 3D printing
By enrolling in this class, students will learn the basics of three-dimensional computer aided design as well as basic concepts regarding 3D printing. Students will learn how to use Autodesk Fusion 360 at a basic level to create their own projects, along with other class projects, which can then be 3D printed.
Please note that this course is challenging by nature. Therefore, even though it is not officially required, it is strongly recommended that students have computer skills, and students should also be very familiar with using a computer (knowing how to left click/right click, knowing where different keys are located on their keyboard, knowing how to scroll their mouse or do any equivalent action on a laptop trackpad, be able to navigate their computer on a basic level like knowing where the desktop is, etc). This course could be overwhelming for students who lack computer skills. Parents or guardians are also welcome to assist their child during the course.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
1) Create 2D sketches and use sketches to draw lines, rectangles, circles, and other 2D shapes.
2) Use the 3D extruding tool to turn their two-dimensional sketch into a 3D solid.
3) Use the 3D revolve tool to revolve a 2D sketch about an axis of revolution to produce a 3D solid.
4) Use the 2D and 3D Rectangular and Circular Pattern tools to repeat 2D and 3D features along a line or a circular axis.
5) Be able to move 3D solids around as well as copy 3D solids. Combine multiple solids together to form one solid.
6) Have a basic understanding on how 3D printers work (the instructor will take care of the 3D printing process).
About This Course
Hardware/Software needed for this course:
Go to Lessons of this Course - Autodesk Fusion 360 Set Up - for instructions
Learn how to use Fusion 360 to design your own 3D creations. Learn basic techniques such as drawing, extruding, and mirroring. The individual designs can be 3D printed Campers will design 2 projects in this weekshop. The individual designs can be 3D printed when camp is booked with extra shipping and handling fee.
Summer Camp - 3D Printing Design Level 1
Learn how to use Fusion 360 to design your own 3D creations. Learn basic techniques such as drawing, extruding, and mirroring. Campers will design 3 to 5 projects in this camp. The individual designs can be 3D printed when camp is booked with extra shipping and handling fee.
Summer Camp - 3D Printing Design Level 2
For kids who have learned 3D Design before, you will Learn to design something to solve a problem for you and others! This camp will share invention process with you and assist you to design something useful. Individual designs can be 3D printed when camp is booked with extra shipping and handling fee.