Jump to navigation
Summer Camp FAQ
- What is the daily / weekly schedule? Each summer camp is one week long (Monday - Friday, 5 camp-days total, except for the one shortened camp the week of July 4th, which is four days long). For all available camps, campers can enroll in the morning session, the afternoon session, or for both sessions – the full day session. The morning session is from 9am to 12pm, and the afternoon session is from 1pm to 4pm. The full day session goes from 9am to 4pm with a one-hour lunchtime period from 12:00pm - 1:00pm. For all sessions, you can drop students off up to 15 minutes before the session begins and pick them up no later than 15 minutes after the session ends. Any drop-offs or pick-ups outside of this 15 minutes window will incur an extra charge of $1 per minute per student.
- Is there an extended day option? Yes, campers can stay for the Roboteers Club, from 4pm until 6:00pm, for $100 per week ($80 during the shortened week). Once you have decided which morning and/or afternoon sessions you will be taking, reserve your extended day option by finding the appropriate product for the week(s) of the camps you will be attending and adding it to your cart before checking out. You can also purchase it later in a separate order if there are spaces available. Look for the extended day product that says “Week of [your attendance week]” in the list of available camps.
- What should my child bring each day? Half-day campers can bring snacks, whereas full-day or extended-day campers should bring a lunch and snacks too if they wish. You can also bring money so your child can buy snacks and drinks we have for sale (ranging from $1 to $3 per item). Do not bring any food items that may contain nuts or peanuts.
- Will lunch be provided? We do not provide lunch. Please pack a snack and lunch (that does not contain any nuts or peanuts) if your child is attending both the morning and afternoon sessions. Water is available at no charge. Other drinks and snacks are available with purchase.
- Will my child bring home the robots they build during camp? Our robots are built with camp partners using specialized kits, so your child will not be able to bring the robots home. However, most of our kits are available for purchase. Please check with us on pricing and availability for the specific item.
- Will my child bring home the game they created on the computer during camp? Sure! Students will be able to take home any games that they create at the camp; please bring a flash drive with at least 2GB available space to the last day of camp if you wish to do so.
- My child has never built a robot or programmed a computer before. Is that OK? Yes. Rolling Robots prides itself in teaching children of all learning backgrounds the core concepts of STEM, robotics, and computer programming / coding. No prior experience is required. However, please use the age guidelines listed with each Summer Camp when enrolling your child so that he/she will have the best experience possible.
- My child is a very advanced, high-tech wizard. Will they be bored?Maybe for about 5 minutes when we are getting everyone started. Most of the kits we use are the same ones used at the high school level, and our game development software tools are the same as those used by professional developers. Our camps are designed to encourage open creativity and deep exploration, so once your child is engaged in the process they will be challenged to a degree appropriate to their level of skill and experience.
- What is the student-to-teacher ratio? The student-to-teacher ratio is typically 6 students per instructor and no more than 12 students total per session.
- Do I pay the full amount up front? Yes, but you can add additional sessions or the extended-day option later as long as space is still available.
- What is your cancellation / refund policy? Camp reservations can be canceled up to 2 weeks before the start of a camp session and you will receive a store credit. A store credit can be used towards the purchase of other camps, workshops, birthday parties, robot kits, and more. There is a $50 fee per session (morning, afternoon, and extended-day camps, even on the same day, are all separate sessions) for canceling within 2 weeks of the camp's start date, and the remaining balance can then be applied to other camps, workshops, birthday parties, or merchandise at Rolling Robots. No credit or refunds will be granted after the first day of your summer camp session. In order to request a cancellation of your summer camp, please find the order in your account on our website (a link to it should have been sent to you by email when you first placed the order) and fill out the Contact Us form with the details about which camp you want to cancel. Our staff will follow up with you to issue you your store credit.
- Is there a discount if I sign up for multiple sessions? Yes. After the first camp, each additional camp session booked in the same order will receive a $10 store credit (cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions).
- Is there a sibling/friend discount? Yes. After the first camp session, each additional sibling/family member can receive a $10 store credit (cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions) if the camp bookings appeared in the same order.
- How will I receive my store credit? The store credit is automatically credited to you after the order is completed.
- Is there a limit to how much store credit I can receive? No. The more camps you reserve in one order, the more credits you will receive.
- When / how do I use my store credit? Store credit is redeemable for any product, workshop, summer/winter camps or party at Rolling Robots AFTER September 1st, 2017. Only one (1) store credit can be used on any single item. The unused credit will be kept in your account. Use of such credits cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.
- How do I use my store credit in an order placed on the website? To redeem store credit for a purchase made online, you will initially make the full payment for the new order, then send us an email with SUBJECT line : “Use store credit for Order # [your original summer camp order number]”. This order number can be found in your account under “Recent Orders”. The store credit will then be refunded to the credit card that was used for the appropriate order within 5 business days.