Summer Camp FAQ
- What is the daily / weekly schedule? Each summer camp is one week long (Monday - Friday, 5 camp-days total, except where otherwise indicated).
For all available camps, campers can enroll in the morning session, the afternoon session, or for both sessions – the full day session. The morning session is from 9am to 12pm, and the afternoon session is from 1pm to 4pm. The full day session goes from 9am to 4pm with a one-hour lunchtime period from 12:00pm - 1:00pm.
This summer, our special "VEX V5 Team Boot Camp" is automatically bundled as a full-day session (no separate AM or PM sessions available).
If you want to buy specific days from a weekly camp but not the entire week, please contact us with a list of the camp days you want to attend so we can direct you to the right booking page.
For all sessions, campers can be dropped off up to 15 minutes before the session begins and be picked up no later than 15 minutes after the session ends. Any drop-offs or pick-ups outside of this 15 minutes window will incur an extra charge of $1 per minute per camper.
- Is there an extended day option? Yes. For campers enrolled in afternoon camps or an "all day" camp, you can add our Extended Day Camp service to your order and remain in camp from 4pm until 6:30pm.
Once you have selected an afternoon/all-day session you will be attending, reserve your extended day option by checking ‘Add Extended Day’ checkbox on the same page. When you click the “Add to Cart” button, both the Camp and the Extended Day will be added to your shopping cart. You can also add extended day option later in a separate order if there are spaces available. Contact our staff for details about adding Extended Day separately.
- What should my child bring each day? Half-day campers can bring snacks, whereas full-day campers should bring snacks for the morning break, snacks for the afternoon break, and a lunch. Campers can also bring money so they can buy snacks and drinks we have for sale (ranging from $1 to $5 per item). We also highly suggest campers bring a water bottle filled with fresh water so they can stay fully hydrated. (Glasses of water are also available for free on request, but it's always good to have your own available.)
In consideration of the possibility that some children may have a nut/peanut allergy, please do not bring any food items that may contain nuts or peanuts.
It’s recommended for the full-day campers to bring something they would like to do (reading, a drawing book, etc.) for lunch break.
- Will lunch be provided? We do not provide lunch. Please pack a lunch (that does not contain any nuts or peanuts) if your child is attending both the morning and afternoon camps. Glasses of water are available at no charge. Bottled water, other drinks, and snacks are available for purchase.
- Will my child bring home the robots they build during camp? The robots are built with camp partners using specialized kits, so your child will not be able to bring the robots home. However, most of our kits are available for purchase. Please check with us on pricing and availability for the specific item.
- Will my child bring home the game they created on the computer during camp? Sure! Campers will be able to take home any games they create during the camp. On the last day of camp, please bring a flash drive with at least 2GB of available space if you wish to do so.
- My child has never built a robot or programmed a computer before. Is that OK? Yes. Rolling Robots prides itself in teaching children of all learning backgrounds the core concepts of STEM, robotics, and computer programming/coding. No prior experience is required except for in a few advanced camps. In addition, please use the age guidelines listed when enrolling your child so that he/she will have the best experience possible.
- My child is a very advanced, high-tech wizard. Will they be bored? Maybe for about 5 minutes when we are getting everyone started. Most of the kits we use are the same ones used at the high school level, and our game development software tools are the same as those used by professional developers. Our camps are designed to encourage open creativity and deep exploration, so once your child is engaged in the process they will be challenged to a degree appropriate to their level of skill and experience.
- What is the student-to-teacher ratio? We aim for 6 campers per instructor to ensure that each child gets the attention and instruction that they need.
- Do I pay the full amount up front? Yes, but you can add additional sessions or the extended-day option later as long as space is still available.
- What is your cancellation / refund policy? To request a cancellation of your summer camp, you MUST email us at email@example.com.
After we have received your request through email, we follow these guidelines:
For camp cancellations requested up to four (4) weeks before the start of the reserved camp, a full refund will be issued to you within one week after we have processed your request.
For camp cancellations requested within four (4) weeks of the start of the reserved camp, you have the option of receiving store credit to use toward the purchase of other camps, workshops, birthday parties, and robot kits, or you can receive a refund to your original payment method minus a 5% processing fee.
For camp cancellations requested on or after the first day of your summer camp, we will only be issuing refunds in the form of store credit to be used toward the purchase of other camps, workshops, birthday parties, and robot kits.
- Is there a discount if I sign up for multiple sessions? Yes. After the first camp in each order, each additional camp booked will receive a discount that will apply automatically at checkout. This discount will only be awarded for 2 or more camps purchased in the same order, and it may not apply when other offers or promotions codes are used.
- Is there a sibling/friend discount? Yes. See the rules for discounts on purchasing multiple camps above.
- In the event of a store credit refund, when do I receive my store credit and how does it work? For all questions regarding store credit, please see our separate Store Credit FAQ page.
- Do you have camp during spring or winter break? Yes, Rolling Robots offers Winter Camps around the Christmas and New Year holidays and Spring Camps when schools are on spring break.