Jump to navigation
Winter Camp FAQ
- What is the daily / weekly schedule?Each winter camp session is a one week long (Monday - Friday). Campers can sign up for the morning session, the afternoon session, or for both sessions (the “full day” session). The morning session is from 9am to 12pm, and the afternoon session is from 1pm to 4pm. The full day session goes from 9am to 4pm with one hour of lunchtime from 12pm to 1pm. For all sessions, you can drop campers off up to 15 minutes before the session begins and pick them up no later than 15 minutes after the session ends. Any drop-offs or pick-ups outside of this 15 minute window will incur an extra charge of $1 per minute per student.
- Is there an extended day option?YYes, campers can stay at our Roboteers Club from 4pm to 6pm if you purchase the extended day option. The camper must be signed up for an afternoon camp session (1pm-4pm) that day to qualify for the extended day option.
- What should my child bring each day?If your child will stay for half a day at Rolling Robots, they can bring healthy snacks and a drink for break time. If your child will attend both the morning and afternoon camps, please have them bring enough healthy snacks and drinks for their two separate breaks in addition to the food they bring for their lunch time. You can also give money to your child to buy snacks and drinks we have for sale (ranging from $1 to $5). Please do not have them bring any food items that may contain nuts or peanuts.
- Will lunch be provided?No, we do not provide lunch. There are drinks and snacks for sale (ranging from $1 to $5).
- Will my child bring home the robots they build during camp?Your child will not bring the robot home unless we specify the robot goes home with them in the description of the camp session they are attending. For all other camps, campers build their robots with a partner using specialized kits. Because of this, your child will not be able to bring the robot they build home. However, some of the kits are available separately for purchase. Please check with us on pricing and availability for the specific item.
- Will my child bring home the game they created on the computer during camp?Your child will be able to take home any games that they create at their camp. Please bring a flash drive with at least 2GB of available space on the LAST DAY of the camp if you wish to have a copy of their project to take home.
- My child has never built a robot or programmed a computer before. Is that OK?Yes. Rolling Robots teaches children STEM, robotics and computer programming / coding. No prior experience is usually required unless otherwise indicated in the camp description. However, please use the age guidelines listed with each Winter Camp when enrolling your child so that he/she will have the best experience possible.
- My child is a very advanced, high-tech wizard. Will they be bored?Our camps are designed to encourage open creativity and deep exploration. Once the campers are engaged in the process they will be challenged to a degree appropriate to their level of skill and experience. You are welcome to contact us if you have any specific question or concern regarding which camp is most suitable for your campers.
- What is the student-to-teacher ratio?The student-to-teacher ratio is typically 6 students per instructor and no more than 12 students total per session.
- Do I pay the full amount up front?Yes. You can add camps later as long as space is still available.
- What is your cancellation / refund policy?Winter camp reservations can be canceled and you will receive store credit for the full amount paid if cancellation notice is received ON and BEFORE Nov. 30th. Store Credit can be used towards the purchase of other camps, workshops, birthday parties, robot kits, and more at Rolling Robots. There will be a $50 fee charged for cancellation AFTER Nov. 30th, and the remaining balance can be used as store credit. No refunds or credit will be granted for any camp after it has started.
- Is there a discount if I sign up for multiple sessions?Yes. If you aren’t using another special offer (such as a coupon) you will receive a $10 discount for each additional camp after your first booked on the same order. This discount cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.
- Is there a sibling/friend discount?Yes. Please read the above item about the multiple session discount; the sibling/friend discount behaves in the same manner.
- How do I use a gift card in an order placed on the website?If you have receive any electronic gift card/code, you will be prompt to enter the code during the checkout process. If you have an older gift card, please put the complete gift card number into your order notes during checkout. You will initially pay with credit card for the full balance owed on the order. After we verify your gift card, your credit card will be refunded of the gift card amount within two weeks of your ordering date.
- Where do we park?
Please contact the Rolling Robots Location hosting your camp for driving and parking instructions.